PAN Card Status: PAN Stands for Permanent Account Number, that can be issued by Each and Every Citizen of India, who’s 18 years of age or above. It is also considered as a Proof of Identity for all the people who pay Tax. PAN is basically of 10 Character Alpha Numeric code. In PAN, First 5 characters consist of alphabets, next four characters consists of Numbers and the last character is again an alphabet. For Example, Consider PAN as AAAAA1111E. If you have applied for the PAN Card, you can view PAN Card Status Online.
Is PAN Card Important?
If you want to Start a new business, PAN Card is important. If you want to Start an Online Business, PAN Card is necessary to get Approval. PAN card is also useful when you want to pay Income Tax.
If you are not an Indian, but you want to start a Business, PAN Card is required. That doesn’t mean you can use PAN Card to consider yourself as a Citizen of India. In order to apply for PAN, you should have a Valid VISA.
How can I Apply for PAN Card?
There are two ways by which you can apply for PAN Card. They are as follows:
1. By visiting the PAN Card Agency near you.
2. You can apply online for PAN via Sites such as NDSL or UTI.
For PAN Card Application, Indians have to Fill the 49A form while Foreigners have to fill 49AA form.
One of the most special functions about PAN Card is, you can check the PAN Card Status anytime.
How to Check PAN Card Status?
You can Apply for PAN Card using NSDL or UTI Website. Now, I will provide you, in brief, how can you check PAN Card Status on the respective websites.
1. Check PAN Card Status on NSDL
To Check PAN Card Status, you have to visit NSDL Official website. To visit, click here. Now you will be able to view the form as shown in the image below:
Now you have to Fill the Form as follows:
- Application Type: Select -PAN New/Change Request
- Acknowledgment Number: You will receive your Acknowledgement Number within 3 days of your Application. Enter your Acknowledgement Number. In case, if you don’t have, then enter your name.
- Name: Enter the name as you have mentioned at the time of Application.
Date of Birth: Enter your Date of Birth
After filling the information, you will be able to know your PAN Card Status.
2. Check PAN Card Status on UTI.
Firstly, visit the official website of UTI. To visit, click here.
Now you will view the form as shown in the image below:
Next step is you have to fill the form.
Application Coupon Number: You will have received your Application Coupon Number when you have applied for the PAN Card.
PAN Number: If you have received your PAN number, then you can also enter your PAN Number.
In case, if you are facing any Issues while checking the PAN Card Status, you can directly contact Customer care number of NSDL or UTI.
To Contact Visit on the link below:
NSDL Contact Page
UTI Contact Page
The Customer care representatives are too good, they will try their best to solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions on PAN card
How can I Verify my PAN Card?
PAN Card Verification is the main task to perform as soon as you received your PAN Card. It is much needed to verify to ensure that information on PAN is fully correct.
You can verify your PAN Card by following the procedure given below:
Steps to verify PAN Card using Name:
First and Foremost, head over to the Official PAN Page of Income Tax-filling Website. Now you will be able to view the form as shown below.
Now you have to Enter the Details as shown in the form.
1. Date of Birth: You have to Enter your Date of Birth in the DD/MM/YY Format.
2. Surname: Enter your Surname.
3. Middle name: Enter your Father’s name here.
4. First Name: Enter your name.
5. Enter the Code as shown in the image: Now you have to enter the code and finally click on submit. Here Submit button will appear twice, enter Submit both the times to view the information.
As soon as you complete this, you will see the results.
How much charge is to be paid during the Application of PAN Card?
If the Communication Address is in Home Country: Charges are Rs 107.
If the Communication Address is Out of India: Charges are Rs Rs 994.
What are the essential documents submitted at the time of Application for PAN Card?
You have to submit the below document along with the Application Form
1. Proof of Address
2. Proof of Identity
3. Proof of Date of Birth(Applicable only to an Individual and belongs to HUF Status of Applicant)
I lost my Card, how can I know my PAN?
If you have lost your PAN Card, you can apply again for the New PAN Card using the PAN Card Correction forms. In order to apply again, you must remember your Current PAN. If you don’t remember PAN, Follow the steps as given below:
Firstly, visit the NSDL PAN Card Tracking Page. To visit, click here.
Then you will view the form as shown in the image below:
Application Type: Select PAN New/Change request
Acknowledgment Number: If you know your Acknowledgement number than entering, otherwise enter your name.
Name: Enter the name in the required format.
Date of Birth: Enter your Date of Birth
Now, you have to click on the submit two times. Finally, you will be able to know your PAN Card Number.
Is it compulsory to include Father’s Name for all the Female Candidates?
All the female candidates (Married/Divorced/Widow ) have to compulsory mention their Father’s name in the PAN Card Application form.
Is it Mandatory to mention Telephone Number/ Email ID in the PAN Application Form?
It is compulsory to Mention Telephone Number/ Email ID in the Form so that the individual can be contacted in case of any emergency while sending/ receiving PAN Card.
- If you have mentioned your Landline Number, you have to also enter your ISD code and STD Code.
- In Case, you have mentioned your Mobile Number, you have to also enter your ISD Code.
- If you have mentioned your Email, after receiving PAN Card, you will be further contacted via Email.