Guide to Income Tax India E-Filing / Register on Income Tax Website and File Returns: Day by Day we are able to perform lots of things online. So here today in this Guide to Income Tax India E-Filing we will provide all information about How to Register on Income Tax Website and How you can file your Income Tax Online in a very simple and subtle manner.
Read More: PAN Card Correction Form
Guide to Income Tax India E-Filing
The government of India has made Income Tax E-Filing Portal for filing the Income Tax Returns. Using this portal, all the citizens can not only pay taxes but also perform various other activities at their convenience. Here, we will provide you basic Guide to Income Tax India E-Filing Portal.
Read More: PAN Card Damaged
How to Register on Income Tax Website and File Returns?
Follow the simple steps to register on the Income Tax Website.
- Firstly, you have to visit the Official Income Tax Portal.
- Then you have to click on “Register” available on the right side column.
- Now, you have to select the Individual/HUF from the option and then click on next.
- Here, you have to enter details such as PAN, name, and date of birth. The PAN will be used as a User ID for income tax e-filing website.
- In the next registration form, you will be asked to setup your password and also enter security question, if you forget your Password. It is the main requirement that you have to enter uppercase lowercase characters, numbers and special characters.
- Now, you have to enter your mobile number and email ID. Please ensure that E-mail and mobile number is correct, as this information will be useful for further communications.
- In the next step, you have to enter your present as well as permanent address.
- Now, the portal will verify details of the PAN in the database and then display your transaction ID and the contact details on the screen.
- Now, you will receive an Activation link in your email address. Click on that link and your details will be verified.
Thus, your account is created, you will be able to view tax credit statements and the income tax returns.
Read More: How to change Photo in PAN Card
How do I file e-Returns?
Follow the simple steps given below to fill the Income Tax Returns:
- First of all, visit the official Income tax portal and Login with your Account.
- Now, view your credit statement or the Form 26AS. Here the TDS according to the Form 16 should reflect in Form 26 AS.
- Then you have click on the Income Tax Return form and choose the financial year.
- Now here, you have to download the ITR form which is applicable to you.
- Then, you have to open excel utility form and fill all the details by referring the Form 16.
- Then please check the Tax Payable Amount by clicking on the “Calculate Tax” button.
- Now, pay tax and fill all the required challan details.
- Verify all the details and then confirm all the details by clicking on the “Validate” tab.
- Now, please generate an XML file and then save it on the desktop.
- Now go to the upload return option available on the portal and then please upload your XML file.
- After this, a pop-up will appear on the screen, asking you to enter your digital signature. If you have a digital signature, then select “Yes” or else select “No”.
- Now, the acknowledgment form, ITR Verification will be generated. You have to download the form.
- Then take a print out of the form and sign the form with blue ink.
- Lastly, you have to send the form to the Income-Tax Department-CPC via Ordinary or Speed Post.
Post Bag No. 1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore – 560 100, Karnataka.
The form should reach within a span of 120 days of filing the income tax return.
We hope that our Guide to Income Tax India E-Filing is helpful to you. Then please share this guide with your friends and family members.
Read More: Apply for Lost PAN Card