PAN Card Damaged: PAN Card is one of the most Important Document when it comes to any of the Big Financial Transactions. But, what can you do when your PAN Card is damaged. Here we will provide you complete details about Damaged PAN Card.
Check your UTI & NSDL Pan Card Status.
PAN Card Damaged
PAN Card is useful for various purposes such as Pay Income Tax, Open a new business, Transfer Funds, etc. Besides this, it also acts as a Proof of Identity. You will be in tension and feeling stressed as your PAN Card is Lost or Damaged. So here we will provide you complete information about how you can apply for New PAN Card when your PAN Card is damaged. Here you will get the Documents required for PAN Card, How to Know your PAN and Apply for NSDL/UTI PAN Card Application Form.
Read More: How to change Photo in PAN Card
How to Apply for New PAN Card when your PAN Card is damaged?
Follow the simple steps given below in order to apply for PAN Card:
- First of all, open the Official website of NSDL.
- Now, please go through all the guidelines properly. If you want you can read the information, you can read in Hindi also.
- Now, go to the bottom section of the page, where you will be able to see an option to apply for Change/ Correction of PAN Card. Here you have to Select “Category of Applicant” to apply for new PAN Card.
- Please select the Appropriate Category from the drop down menu and then click on “Select”.
- Now, you have to fill the form with all the required details properly. After that, you have to pay a fee of Rs 107 using Demand Draft/ Cheque/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
– Please enter your PAN Number in the field.
– Please don’t check any of the checkboxes on the left-hand side.
– All the * fields should be filled compulsory.
6. If you want to receive Paperless PAN, then select YES in the option available. Otherwise, you can select No, then you will receive the Hard Copy of your PAN Card Application.
7. If you select YES, then you will need to upload all the documents online. You can also upload all the documents from the Digilocker.
After uploading all the documents, you need to pay the amount using Credit/ Debit Card or Net Banking. You don’t require to submit any of the documents in the hard copy and the process will be completed.
Read More: Difference Between NSDL and UTI
However, for all the applicants who want to receive the hard copy of the PAN Card will have to continue with the process.
8. As soon as you have submitted the form, you will receive an Acknowledgement form in your registered Email ID. Take the printout of this form as you will require further.
9. Then you have to stick two photographs in the whitespace in the Acknowledgement form that you have received. Also, out your signature in the box.
10. Put all the documents such as Acknowledgement form, Proof of Identity, Proof of Address, and Demand Draft in the Envelope.
11. Put the Heading on the Envelope Application for PAN CHANGE REQUEST -Acknowledgment Number”.
12. Lastly, you have to post the Envelope to the main address of Income Tax Department:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
Please make sure that all of your Documents have reached at the desired location within a span of 15 days.
Read More: Apply for Lost PAN Card
By following the above procedure you will get new PAN Card.
We hope that you got all the Essential Information about PAN Card Damaged.
Read More: How to change PAN Card Address