Government Deactivates 11.44 lakh PAN Cards: Are you aware that more than 1.44 lakh PAN Cards are been Deactivated by the Government as of July 27, 2017. As per the Government Rules, a person should be registered with only one PAN Card Number. The Government has identified fake PAN Cards which were allocated to all the existing individuals. Check Pan Card Status Online.
The Government is able to identify the all the fake cards by conducting the de-duplication check on the existing allocated PAN Cards against the data provided by the new applicant. In PAN Card, only Demographic data is provided.
Government Deactivates 11.44 lakh PAN Cards
In order to check whether your PAN Card is Active or not, you need to visit the Official Portal of Income Tax Website. To check, follow the simple steps given below:
- First of all, visit the Official Website of Income Tax Portal.
- Now, under the “Services” tab, click on “Know your PAN“.
- Here, you will be able to see the Form as shown in the image below.
- Now, fill all the required details such as Surname, Middle Name, First name, Status, Gender and Date of Birth. Lastly, you have to enter the same mobile number which you have given at the time of application of your PAN Card.
- Then Click on “Submit”. Then you will receive OTP on your Registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP on the next page and then click on “validate”.
- If you are holding a multiple PAN Cards, then you will view a pop-up saying “There are multiple records for this query. Please provide additional information.” Then, they will ask you to enter more details such as Father’s name.
- Lastly, you will be taken to a page, where you will be able to see the validity of PAN Card, Jurisdiction, and the Actual Number of the active PAN Card.
Thus, by following this process, you will be able to check whether your PAN is active or not.