Online PAN Verification: PAN stands for Permanent Account Number, which is essential for all the Citizens of India who pay tax. PAN is a 10-digit unique Identification Number provided by Income Tax Department. As per the new rules, whether you are Citizen of India or not, you require a PAN card for every transaction above Rs 50,000. So In this post, We are going to share the Step By Step Guideline on How to Verify your PAN Card online.
Online PAN Verification
Once you have received your PAN, your PAN doesn’t change for the whole lifetime, while you can update/ correct information on the PAN Card.
Why should you Verify PAN Number?
After you receive PAN Card, you have to verify your PAN in order to check whether the Information on your PAN matches with the IT Department Database. If it’s not same, then you have to correct the information in your PAN with the help of PAN Card Correction form.
How can I verify my PAN Number?
There are mainly two ways in which you can verify PAN Number.
- PAN Card Verification through PAN
- PAN Card Verification by Name
Follow the step by step procedure to perform Online PAN Verification.
1. PAN Card Verification through PAN
- First of all, Open the official website of Income Tax Department.
- Click on Login, Enter UserID and Password, and then the code as shown in the image.
- Then Click on Know your Jurisdiction option available under the services Tab.
- Then Enter your Permanent Account Number or PAN.
- Finally, enter the captcha code as shown in the image and then click on submit.
If the information given by you matches with the IT database, then you will see your Full name, Jurisdiction, AO Code, Jurisdiction, PAN, etc. If it’s not correct, then fill the form again, it will work.
2. PAN Card Verification through Name
- Firstly, open the official IT Dept website.
- Click on login and enter login credentials and captcha code then click on Login.
- Now, click on Know your PAN provided under the services section.
- Enter your Surname/ Lastname, Middle name, and First name.
- Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image to prove that you are human.
- Finally, click on submit.
Bulk PAN Verification
This Facility is only available for the Government and Non-Government Agencies.
Follow the steps given below to perform Bulk PAN Verification:
- First of all, visit the official website of IT Department.
- Now, log in with your Account.
- Then Click on “Bulk PAN Verification Query” and then click on “Upload Bulk PAN Query”.
- Next, you have to upload the file in Specific format and then click on submit.
- As soon as you click on Submit, a submission token will be generated.
- Finally, you will be able to know the status of your PAN.
So, by following the above procedure you can easily verify your PAN Card Online.