Online PAN Verification: PAN stands for Permanent Account Number, which is essential for all the Citizens of India who pay tax. PAN is a 10-digit unique Identification Number provided by Income Tax Department. As per the new rules, whether you are Citizen of India or not, you require a PAN card for every transaction above Rs 50,000. So In this post, We are going to share the Step By Step Guideline on How to Verify your PAN Card online. Check Your Pan Card Status Online.
Read More: Documents required for PAN Card
Online PAN Verification
Once you have received your PAN, your PAN doesn’t change for the whole lifetime, while you can update/ correct information on the PAN Card.
Why should you Verify PAN Number?
After you receive PAN Card, you have to verify your PAN in order to check whether the Information on your PAN matches with the IT Department Database. If it’s not same, then you have to correct the information in your PAN with the help of PAN Card Correction form.
Types of Online PAN Verification
There are total three types of Online PAN Verification. They are described as below:
- Screen based PAN Card Verification
- In order to avail this service, users have to log in first.
- Then you have to provide the information about maximum 5 PAN’s in the available screen.
- After this, you will be able to view all the information about PANs.
- File based PAN Card Verification
- For this, users have to log in first.
- Later, they have to upload a file which contains data of 1000 PANs in a specific file structure mentioned by the NSDL e-government.
- After the files have been submitted and uploaded, the site will provide data of all the PANs within a span of 24 hrs.
- If the file format is incorrect, then the site will inform you within a span of 24 hrs.
- The user can download the response at his/her convenient time within a span of 15 days.
- Software based PAN Card Verification
- Using this mode, a user can make PAN Card Verification from a verified site using a software application.
Read More: Difference Between NSDL and UTI
Which Entities are Eligible for PAN Card Verification?
Given below are the list of entities which are eligible for PAN Card Verification:
- Reserve Banks of India
- Insurance company
- Insurance repository
- Mutual Funds
- Credit Card Companies
- Stock Exchanges
- Central and State Government Agencies
- Income Tax Projects
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Goods and Services Tax Network
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies
- KYC Registration Agency (KRA)
- All the Non-Banking Financial Companies endorsed by RBI
- Companies and Government deductor that is supposed to file TDS/TCS Return.
- Any other entity which is needed to provide Annual Information Return.
- All the other company which provides Annual Information Return.
Read More: Online PAN Verification by Name
Online PAN Verification Registration
A user who wants to register for the PAN Card Verification with NSDL e-government can do it by providing certain documents. The user has to provide a signed copy of terms and conditions plus authorization letter and demand draft.
All the Details required for Online PAN Verification are as follows:
Organization Details required to register for Online PAN Verification
- Name of Entity
- TAN/PAN of Entity
- Main category of Entity
- Contact details
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment
- Instrument number
Digital Signature details required for PAN Verification
- Name of the Certifying Entity
- Class of Digital Signature Certificate
- Serial Number of the Digital Signature Certificate
Track Status of PAN Card Registration
Any Organization who has attempted to register for the Online PAN Verification can check the Status by providing the Acknowledgement Number. A message will be displayed which shows whether it’s successful or rejected.
Authorization of Registration
Here, IT Department approves the registration request. Once registration is approved, NSDL e-government sends all the important details to the IT Department. Then, the applicant will get an 8-Digit UserID. If IT Department rejects registration request, then registration charges will be refunded to the user.
Read More: Online PAN Verification by PAN No
How can I verify my PAN Number?
There are mainly two ways in which you can verify PAN Number.
Follow the step by step procedure to perform Online PAN Verification.
Read More: Apply for Lost PAN Card
PAN Card Verification through PAN
- First of all, Open the official website of Income Tax Department.
- Click on Login, Enter UserID and Password, and then the code as shown in the image.
- Then Click on Know your Jurisdiction option available under the services Tab.
- Then Enter your Permanent Account Number or PAN.
- Finally, enter the captcha code as shown in the image and then click on submit.
If the information given by you matches with the IT database, then you will see your Full name, Jurisdiction, AO Code, Jurisdiction, PAN, etc. If it’s not correct, then fill the form again, it will work.
Read More: How to change PAN card Address
PAN Card Verification through Name
- Firstly, open the official IT Dept website.
- Click on login and enter login credentials and captcha code then click on Login.
- Now, click on Know your PAN provided under the services section.
- Enter your Surname/ Lastname, Middle name, and First name.
- Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image to prove that you are human.
- Finally, click on submit.
Bulk PAN Verification
This Facility is only available for the Government and Non-Government Agencies.
Follow the steps given below to perform Bulk PAN Verification:
- First of all, visit the official website of IT Department.
- Now, log in with your Account.
- Then Click on “Bulk PAN Verification Query” and then click on “Upload Bulk PAN Query”.
- Next, you have to upload the file in Specific format and then click on submit.
- As soon as you click on Submit, a submission token will be generated.
- Finally, you will be able to know the status of your PAN.
So, by following the above procedure you can easily verify your PAN Card Online.
Read More: 7 Unique Ways to Save Tax Legally